Sunday, April 25, 2010

Why does my printer always cycle 2 pages when I print invoices for my business.?

My invoice is from a template downloaded from Microsoft word and the printer is an HP 5600. Whenever I print an invoice, it spits out a blank page, and then prints the invoice. It's not a huge deal, but is inconvenient because I have to pull out and re-load the blank sheet each time to keep from wasting paper.



Why does my printer always cycle 2 pages when I print invoices for my business.?microsoft live



Two things come to mind:



1. You might have accidentally entered a hard page break in your Word document. Go to the top of file with Control+Home. The status bar should show line 1 column 1.



Click the show/hide button to the left of the percentage-of-zoom button. Do you see any indication of a page break?



If not,



2. Check the configuration of your printer. Some printers give you the option of sending a page separator before or after your document.



If this doesn't do it, I'm stuck.



Why does my printer always cycle 2 pages when I print invoices for my business.?microsoft internet explorer internet explorer



Hi Larry



Check your pagesettings. It looks like your invoice-form exceeds the margins of the page. That automatically creates a second sheet and will print out two pages.



In Word click on preview page and you can find out how many pages will be printed out of your document. If document is too long try to delete unneccessary blank lines in the document or alter the margins, until it only shows one page.



Sometimes there are several carriage-returns after the text, that leeds to the creation of a secon page. Put the cursor at the end of the text and hit 鈥?quot;del" a few times, which should delete everyting right of the cursor. This will eleminate uneccessary returns.



The same goes for the side margins. If Text exceeds there it creates another page and the printer will print a bank page.



Adjust the margins. (works easily with the mouse in the page preview)



Take your template in Word and adjust it like discribed above and save it again as a template (.dot), then it should work every time.



Hope this is of help to you.



Greetz Anna (melissa2595)

No comments:

Post a Comment